Pages

Ads 468x60px

Saturday, August 2, 2014

University is Overrated

This is something I wrote last year when I was going through a tough time at school. Somehow reading this now, is very much how I feel like right now. 

I usually don't vent out on school work and stuff like that, but I've become really sick of it lately. Yeah, I get it, I am in my second year, I should be used to this already, I've gone through 3 semesters of the same crap, but seriously, I need a break.

I am sick of the midterms (I've had 5 already in a mere 3 week period), assignments, and essays that prove absolutely nothing to me. I am a business-accounting major but I am starting to hate every single course I am taking. And it isn't because the material is boring or hard to comprehend, I wish it was.At least that was t would make sense that I don't belong in the field but this is something completely different. These midterms are sucking the life out of me. I hate them. I hate the concept of cramming. It serves no use whatsoever in anything. What's the point if I forget everything two weeks later. I'd rather do an assignment in a group or something, where I'd actually learn something, not just memorize the shit of it. 

I wish school was somehow different. I wish it wasn't all theory based. I wish I could go out there and practice the things I learn. But I can't because I haven't earned the degree yet and I have no eperience.

And sometimes, I just wish I went to college instead of university. I am a practical person and sitting and memorizing organizational behaviour, or cost behavious or stock behaviour is just bullshit you learn while you practice. Fuck University  and its stupid overrated reputation. I am better off working making money and learning something while at it, rather than paying thousands of dollars towards courses and content I'd never see again in my life.

H.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

You Took It All Away on Wattpad

The Lies That Bind on Wattpad

Misunderstandings on Wattpad

 
Blogger Templates