Pages

Ads 468x60px

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Revelation

A/N: I felt inspired, so I wrote this. I Listened to "Come November" by Thriving Ivory while writing. Music is a true inspiration, I am reminded by this everyday.  It's a sad piece, but I liked it. Enjoy :) 

Revelation

She silently wondered if she had lost her voice. She contemplated turning back and never showing up her face, ever again. When she looked up, she decided against it.

The tears came rushing down faster than she had anticipated. “I can't stay here anymore,” she said, her heart breaking at each word. “I can't do it, I can't look at their faces.” she shook her head as she said this, regret crossing her soft features.

He came closer but she took a step back, afraid that an closer proximity would bring those memories back. The ones that she desperately tried locking away.

“Don't,” she warned. “Please.” The pleading, the begging; how long more until she grew tired of that scene? How long until she completely burst?

“Don't do this, I promise it will be okay.” but his promise seemed empty now. How many times had he said it to her? She wondered if it was a reassurance to him rather than her.

“No, it won't,” she replied firmly, a humorless smile creeping up her face. “It hasn't for years. What makes you think it will now?” she asked. “I am sick, Danny. I am sick and tired of this.”

She felt as if she was going to break, the dread crawling into a veins like cancer. “I'll be back,” she stated, her voice cool, composed. “I'll be back when I am ready, I promise.”

his eyes pleaded her, his expression solemn and broken, almost matching her state. But she was no longer that naïve little girl. It was time to take a stand, run and never look back.

It was time to start new.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

You Took It All Away on Wattpad

The Lies That Bind on Wattpad

Misunderstandings on Wattpad

 
Blogger Templates